My name is Rob Gin and I have the honour of leading our support group for young dads, aged 25 and under. Our group is called The Lion’s Den, which is a place of belonging for young dads. Our motto is faith, integrity and courage.
If you are a young dad, we would love you to join us and here are 10 reasons why:
- You’ll meet other young dads and know that you’re not alone on the journey.
- You’ll earn something new – from being a new dad, to fixing a toilet, to learning how to run a 5K race.
- We’re here to listen – and we’re serious about keeping confidentiality.
- We are big on the “ABCs” – Accountability (support), Bacon (’nuff said), and Camaraderie (we like to hang out over breakfast).
- We’ll meet you one-to-one too, to help apply what you learn for personal growth.
- Did we mention bacon?
- We offer wholistic encouragement and support in your life (it’s not just about parenting) which in turn equips you to be a better parent.
- We help you connect with resources and information specific to your needs.
- We believe in your value and great potential.
- It takes a village to raise a child – you are welcome to ours!
Lion’s Den Academy – our life skills workshops module – is now in session. Join us every Saturday until March 21st to learn a new life skill from other men with experience or expertise in their field, from Conflict Management to Cooking on a Budget, Apartment DIY, Daddy-ing 101 and more! Details below!